[Namron] September Business Meeting Notes

Seneschal of Namron seneschal at namron.ansteorra.org
Fri Sep 22 07:13:34 PDT 2023

September Business Meeting Notes:

Seneschal - Office page on the website has been updated to reflect my
information, please feel free to reach out if you need anything. The site
for Academia della Spada has been reserved and contract signed for
the Ardmore Convention Center on August 3, 2024. Facebook groups will now
have to be private, the only real change is that event posts in the group
can't be shared out, they will need to be created on their page to be
shared. All posts need to follow the Social Media policy for the SCA.This
change will take place after Protectorate. October pop meeting will be Load
out for the event, will post an email when we have the details of the
time/place. We are actively looking for a place big enough to hold our
December pop meeting as we will need a large space, if you have
suggestions, please send them my way. I am looking into in person business
meetings, will keep you posted.

Treasurer - All new signers are complete and have been verified. YAY!!

Thrown Weapons - No actual practices have been happening, This Sunday
September 24th, there will be a clean up day at the range, start time is
10am.

Arts & Science - The meeting at JoAnn Fabrics went well, had some new
people and some employees stop by, it is an ideal location, and will
continue holding meetings there possibly every other month. This Sunday at
the "Compound" there will be a pavilion repair day starting at 1pm, please
come out to help us repair the pavilions.

Children's - Protectorate activities are planned, fun crafts and games,
will work on schedule so that they can participate in these activities
along with youth rapier and heavy fighting. Would love to have more hands
helping out :)

Webminister - Still has a website. Will be updating the Protectorate page
shortly. Requests that are sent should contain both graphics and texts to
make it better.

Hersirkona and Baron - Still finalizing schedule for Protectorate. Barony
is in need of award ribbons, might be a work day or an A&S night in the
future, please learn how to make these and assist the Barony. Axeman is
canceled for this year and has been removed from the kingdom calendar.
Skorragardr is now actively looking for a new seneschal, if you are
interested or know anyone that is interested, please come talk. If anyone
is interested in teaching classes at War of the Rams, please see Kolfinna.

Event:
         Protectorate - we still need someone to oversee Fighter Support.
We also need someone to help with site maintenance Friday night, Saturday
night and Sunday morning.

Yours In Service,
Lady Isabella Coppola
Seneschal, Barony of Namron