NR - Peers

Russell Kinder russmax at cowboy.net
Fri Apr 17 15:13:05 PDT 1998

rudin at okway.okstate.edu wrote:

>      OK - everyone jitter and point to the NEWBIE sign on my forehead
>      but....aren't court Barons and Baronesses considered peers, also?
>
>      Mercedes
>      rudin at okway.okstate.edu

[jitter, jitter, point, point]

Peerage is a funny thing in the SCA. In the *real* medieval world, a
baron would certainly have been a peer. However, a knight would not have
been.

In the SCA, only Knights/Masters of Arms, Pelicans, and Laurels are
considered as peerages. I believe, and someone correct me if I'm wrong,
but Counties and Duchies are also peers, as are Prince and Princess.
Though those who achieve these ranks are often peers before ascending to
the throne.

Lord Guillaume de Troyes