NR - Peers

Talen von Marienburg talen at microtutors.com
Fri Apr 17 16:02:39 PDT 1998

Lord Guillame wrote:
>In the SCA, only Knights/Masters of Arms, Pelicans, and Laurels are
>considered as peerages. I believe, and someone correct me if I'm wrong,
>but Counties and Duchies are also peers, as are Prince and Princess.
>Though those who achieve these ranks are often peers before ascending to
>the throne.
>
>Lord Guillaume de Troyes

In some kingdoms there are Royal Patents of Arms that confer a peerage upon
those who held the throne but did not yet have a Patent of Arms (Chivalry,
Laurel or Pelican).  In Ansteorra, we do not give Royal Patents of Arms, but
we do recognize foreign Patents of Arms not belonging to the traditional and
Corporate established peerages.

Hope that helps.

Talen
---------