NR - WASTELANDS DEFENDER V

auntdwen at ionet.net auntdwen at ionet.net
Wed Aug 19 21:37:01 PDT 1998

                       GREETINGS TO ONE AND ALL!

             THE SHIRE OF THE WASTELANDS WILL BE HOSTING

                        WASTELANDS DEFENDER V

                     AUGUST 28TH, 29TH AND 30TH

                        AT ROMAN NOSE STATE PARK

                              WATONGA, OK

        Competitions for Defenders of the Wastelands will be held in Rapier
Combat, Thrown Weapons Competition, Arts and Sciences (documentation
required, no theme this year), Adult Archery, Children's Archery and of
course Armoured Combat.  To avoid the heat we are planning on holding the
Rapier tourney *early* on Saturday (heads up, daytrippers!).   The Armoured
combat will be a Torchlight Tourney at dusk.  Feast will be held in early
evening to give combatants an opportunity to digest before they "Lay On!"
There will also be a tavern on site Fri. night and breakfast Sat.  The Chef
is thinking about a midnight sideboard post-Armoured Tourney so we don't
take home any leftovers!  See your Black Star for more information, or feel
free to email any questions to Johann or Ceridwen at auntdwen at ionet.net.

(appologies to persons on both list servers for getting double copy--dwen)

     			"A man who would speak the truth
	 		should keep one foot in the stirrup."
     					Mongolian Saying