NR - Test

JasOwen@aol.com JasOwen at aol.com
Wed Feb 25 18:51:58 PST 1998

<<
 We havne't yeat announced it to the ANST List, but wanted to get
 some of the admin details done first.  Expect a general announcement
 soon.  (i.e. as soon as I write one)

Actually I saw Pug's announcement on the Ansteorran list this morning, and I
went searching for it.  I was in the process of asking about setting this up
myself, as I think there are things we in the North need to talk to each other
about.  Glad to see it here, and glad to share this with the rest of you.

By the way, since this is such a new list, perhaps some of us do not know much
about the rest, so I will take this opportunity to introduce myself to the
rest of you.

I am Lady Tyrca Ivarsdottir, and have a Sable Thistle in Needlework, given by
Michael and Michaella at Northern Regional Tribute in 1995.  I was living in
Calontir at the time, and it was a full year after that when we moved to
Namron.

I have been a member and participant in the SCA for 17 years, having gotten my
start in the Barony of Loch Salann in (then) Atenveldt.  This area is now
Artemisia.  I have lived in Calontir (for 5 years) and in Drachenwald (for 5
years).

I was until recently the Baronial Chronicler for Namron, and really enjoyed
that job.  But I cannot afford the time away from my children to continue in
that office, and have had to resign.  I have had experience as a school
teacher, but now I'm a stay-at-home mother, wrangling two ADHD children.

What about the rest of you?  What is your background?  What do you do
mundanely?  What is your SCA experience?  Not all of us know each other.  Why
not take this opportunity to come closer to each other.

Tyrca