NR - Idea for Queens!

njones at ix.netcom.com njones at ix.netcom.com
Wed Jul 22 14:30:39 PDT 1998

Greetings friends!

Okay, Queen's Champion is going to be awfully hot, so everyone please try to
keep cool, keep hydrated, and keep in the shade as much as possible.

Now, here's an idea along the lines of how to keep cool at this weekend's
event.

I've heard about Kings holding court in the bath before, and I've heard
about some Ladies down in Lochoc watching a tourney from their bath in a
draped pavillion.

Wouln't it be neat to have a draped pavillion with a lovely cool bath to
watch the competition from?  Maybe some rosepetals and some bath oils added
to the water.  Definatly have some nibbly things on hand.  Come chilled
drinks perhaps.

Good time to hire that serving person.  Pay their way into the event, feed
them in return for their service during the day, and an occasional dip.

You could have a shaded area screened off for musicians to play.  I'm sure
they wouldn't mind sitting in the shade, or partaking of the nibblies and
drinks.

Now there are those who would say, "How indecent!"  But, I think that if a
chemise were worn it would be no more indecent than a modern bathing suit.
(which leave little to the imagination these days)  Rather, I say, "How
Decadent!"  I'd love to be able to do such a thing, or provide the
atmosphere for friends at an event.  Just imagine how fantastic such a
scenario could be.  *grin*

Comments anyone?  Anyone brave enough to do such a thing?

Gio.