NR - Brass hat paranoia

Leslie Miller Miller at pp.okstate.edu
Tue Mar 3 07:23:41 PST 1998

> > > Estrill said:
> > > ...brass tends to make my mouth stay even more tightly closed...
>
> Me too! I can't explain it, I think I'm in awe, even of those I don't
> particularly like. I'm worse when it is someone I do like. Feel like I'm
> supposed to come up with something intelligent to say, or don't waste
> their time.
> Britta the Red

Many years ago when Duchess Rowan came up to chat with me at an
Interkingdom event, she stopped mid sentence and said, "Stop that!"
"Huh?" (says I, oblivious as always), "There! Stop that!  What are
you afraid of?!"   Apparently I had been backing away from her the
entire conversation, and she was having to "chase" me down.  I think
she finally grabbed the front of my tunic to hold me in place. :-)

I guess now I have to be afraid of myself.  Yikes!

Gunhilda