NR - Discussion of Principality for North

Lori Campbell LCAMPBEL at ossm.edu
Wed Mar 18 17:11:01 PST 1998

> Kat said:
> > leadership of the new principality will have to be just as committed
> > to Ansteorra as a whole as they are to their new area.  Anything less
> > will allow friction and cause hard feelings.

> Ulf asked:
> Since you brought it up, how can we, as interested and active members of
> this kingdom, promote the course of action you espouse?

There should be as many ideas for this as there are concerned
members, but my ideas would probably begin something like this...

Your people, especially your leaders, will have to believe that
Ansteorra's welfare is equally or more important than that of the new
principality.  Everyone must be able to communicate this feeling
well.  As soon as people start placing principality loyalties above
kingdom, then an eventual split between the two entities is
inevitable.

Think about who your Ruling Nobles may be for the first several
years (i.e. who are the regions excellent fighters and who are their
ladies).  Are they all people you trust to build your principality
with the goals that you, as concerned members, hold dear at the
start?  Do they support the principality, as well?  Who will your
officers be?  These will be the people who will represent you to the
rest of Ansteorra.

Don't quit supporting your kingdom.  Fly kingdom *and*
principality ensigns, etc.

Attend Kingdom events and, if you can't, support the people who do.
Attending an event elsewhere in the kingdom isn't being disloyal to
the principality, it *is* showing loyalty to the kingdom.  It will
be very important to realize that your people must be recognized
throughout *Ansteorra*  in order to become peers.

I'm sure there are other ideas out there, if anyone else would like
to jump in....  :-)

-  Kat

Lori Campbell
lcampbel at ossm.edu