NR - Differences between North & South

dssweet at okway.okstate.edu dssweet at okway.okstate.edu
Fri Mar 20 06:51:01 PST 1998

Gio said:

>Hmmm...differences.  The North tends to play well together.

A wonderful analysis of some differences (as seen by Gio) between the
northern and south/central regions. Thanks very much Gio.

(snipped rest of differences)

     One wonders if this is a "chicken or egg first" theme. Does the
North play well together because 1) we feel isolated from the groups
south of the Red River, and therefore turned to our other local groups
to play with each other, thus reinforcing our ties to each other OR 2)
did we play first with our other local groups (reinforcing our local
ties), and thus came to isolate ourselves from the south?

     [It may also depend on where a person is on the optimistic/
pessimistic and extrovert/introvert scales.]

     And then there's also this fact that the "north" is modernly a
separate state than the rest of the kingdom, that whole Oklahoma and
Baja-Oklahoma thingee. When one talks about leaving the region to drive
elsewhere, the mundane authorities have these big signs up telling us
when we leave/return to "the North". It just reinforces the differences
we feel. All those other regions in Baja-O can be viewed as just
artificial groupings, since they're all in one state. It might be
different if there were more real world states in the kingdom; except
for Caid & Trimaris, doesn't Ansteorra have the next fewest states?

>There is a very fresh feel to the North.  And, I'm not sure I can
>explain that much better.

     Ah, that just fresh feeling.....it's what....Zest?

     Estrill - rambling at the controls ....
     Mooneschadoweshire