NR - Differences between North & South

rudin at okway.okstate.edu rudin at okway.okstate.edu
Fri Mar 20 09:21:29 PST 1998

     And don't forget that Brad Leah (sp?) is officially part of the
     Northern Region.  What happens to them if we make a principality?
     Would they be given a choice?

     Mercedes

Subject: Re: NR - Differences between North & South
Author:  <northern at Ansteorra.ORG> at SMTP
Date:    3/20/98 10:36 AM

At 08:51 AM 3/20/98 -0600, you wrote:

>Gio said:
>
>>Hmmm...differences.  The North tends to play well together.
>
>A wonderful analysis of some differences (as seen by Gio) between the
>northern and south/central regions. Thanks very much Gio.
>
>(snipped rest of differences)
>
>     One wonders if this is a "chicken or egg first" theme. Does the
>North play well together because 1) we feel isolated from the groups
>south of the Red River, and therefore turned to our other local groups
>to play with each other, thus reinforcing our ties to each other OR 2)
>did we play first with our other local groups (reinforcing our local
>ties), and thus came to isolate ourselves from the south?
>
>     [It may also depend on where a person is on the optimistic/
>pessimistic and extrovert/introvert scales.]
>
>     And then there's also this fact that the "north" is modernly a
>separate state than the rest of the kingdom, that whole Oklahoma and
>Baja-Oklahoma thingee. When one talks about leaving the region to drive
>elsewhere, the mundane authorities have these big signs up telling us
>when we leave/return to "the North". It just reinforces the differences
>we feel. All those other regions in Baja-O can be viewed as just
>artificial groupings, since they're all in one state. It might be
>different if there were more real world states in the kingdom; except
>for Caid & Trimaris, doesn't Ansteorra have the next fewest states?

True but remember that we consist of the 2nd and 19th largest states with
an approxamate land area of over 325,000 Sq. Miles.  No very small if you
ask me.

>>There is a very fresh feel to the North.  And, I'm not sure I can
>>explain that much better.
>
>     Ah, that just fresh feeling.....it's what....Zest?
>
>     Estrill - rambling at the controls ....
>     Mooneschadoweshire

In Service to the Dream

Sir Burke Kyriell MacDonald