NR - Re: ANST - Regia Anglorum Website

I. Marc Carlson LIB_IMC at centum.utulsa.edu
Sun Nov 1 22:20:49 PST 1998

<Nathan W. Jones" <njones at ix.netcom.com>>
>However, from the way the site seems to be presented, it is for a general
>audience of those interested in history.  I still have a problem with them
>not citing references or even a basic bibliography in the essays.

Well, it would be nice, but then again have you noticed that there are
a lot of SCA sites that are as lax?  Even most discussions on the Net
leave out that sort of niceity.  We tend to only cough up the citations
when we are asked for them (I know I am particularly guilty of this).

>The file on books about the period is a great resource though.

If you look at (specifically) the craft pages as simply work written
by people who have done what they are talking about (and done some
darned fine work, I might add), they are still very useful for that.

I'm sorry if I was gruff, but I have (for obvious reasons) a lot of
respect for people who put as much work, not only in their recreations,
but in their web site as they have.  I tend to be a bit sensitive to
criticisms towards people who really are doing a good job.

Marc/Diarmaid