NR - Mighty Portents

John Bush jbush_osu at ionet.net
Mon Oct 5 05:20:27 PDT 1998

Greetings, good gentles of the Northern Region

Having just attended my first SCA nuptials, the wedding (and bedding) of
Lord Owen ap Aeddan ap et cetera ad infinitum and Lady Dagmar Keldeleth,
I am led to inquire whether all weddings in Northern Ansteorra are
followed by mighty portents in the sky?  Whilst riding my wain homeward
from Gnomon Vale, I saw Thor's hammer thrown numerous times, then a
black column descending from the clouds.  Needless to say, I whipped my
horses to their fastest gallop and sought shelter in the stoutest
edifice I could find.

Perhaps one might interpret such signs as ominous.  I believe, however,
that these mighty portents do herald great things from Owen, Dagmar, and
their heirs.  After all, the boisterous stirrings in the sky were a fit
salute to Owen's exuberance, and Dagmar is no less spirited.

John of Trowbridge