No subject

Katriana katriana at chanute-ks.com
Wed Sep 23 09:58:44 PDT 1998

I'm forwarding this from the Calontir list.

katriana - lurker from Bois d'Arc, which is going to just about
double the number of fighters this weekend : )
An unsolicited advertisement for fun:

Come on down (or up, or over) to Bois d'Arc for some fun next weekend the
26th of Sept.

Sweet Sixteen and Never Been Hit!
September 25 - 27, 1998
	The Shire of Bois d'Arc celebrates the birthday of
the Darkdale Boys.  Come help in their authorizations as
fighters.

The site is just east of Cherryvale, KS.  Hwy 169 runs N-S outside
Cherryvale.  There are 3 exits for Cherryvale.  Take the middle one, just
north of the railroad tracks.  Follow the Army Corps and SCA signs to Big
Hill Lake, Mound Valley Recreation Area.  (The southeast side of the lake.)
 Tell the person at the pay station that you're with the SCA.  Don't pay
there.  If you come through Parsons or Altamont, you can follow the Corps
signs in the back way.  There won't be SCA signs, just stay on paved roads!

We'll be camping on a lake.  You may swim anywhere, but the beach is close.
 No alcohol on the beach.  The rest of the site is WET!  You may bring your
dog (or other pet), keep it on a leash and clean up after it.  Hot showers
and flush toilets are about 1/2 mi from where we are camping.

FIGHTING:  There will be authorizations. Two tournaments will be 6 ft.
spear and any weapon, double elim.  Random fighting is bound to break out.

ARCHERY:  Cricket and other fun shoots.

Plan to fight and shoot archery.  We'll fight on one side of the list tent
and shoot archery out the other.

ARTS AND SCIENCES:  There will be 3 categories:  My First,  your first
attempt in any area;  Sixteen,  sixteen items or a theme of 16; item
sutiable for a birthday present.  Items will be judged against kingdom
criteria.

Saturday night is pot luck:  we'll provide hot coals and cake and ice
cream.  Bring your own meat and a dish to share.

Site fees are amazingly low.  over 16 members:  $3,
                                         nonmembers:  $4,
                                          ages 5-15:  $2,
                                          under 5:  free,
                                        family max:  $16.

Dale and Nancy Belcher                          Alan and Rigela
1010 North Sixth Street                         Bois d'Arc
Independence, KS  67301-2518                    Calontir
316-331-8230