NR - Re: CR - Re: SR - Re: ANST - On-line Ansteorra : Comments and rebuttal...

Brent_Ryder at Stream.com Brent_Ryder at Stream.com
Tue Apr 27 07:20:07 PDT 1999

[Big Snip]

>An excellent counter. But I will stand by my position. Yes, donate if you wish,
nowhere in >my arguments did I proclaim one should not donate should they have
that desire. But, I >wish to bring a consideration to all that perhaps we should
consider when enough money >sitting idly in Kingdom coffers becomes TOO MUCH
money sitting in Kingdom coffers. We have >it available, let us use it. If some
other project arises that we do NOT have the money >available for, THEN let us
ask for donations. I ask for nothing more.

I always have disliked arguments of this nature. Yes, we should not be afraid to
use the funds in the Kingdom coffers, but to use them exclusivly is fool hardy
and does not take the best interests of the Kingdom into account. Yes we can use
the funds, but if we wait for an emergency to come up, we risk the possibility
that our own pockets may well be lacking. We would therefore be doing a
disservice to our Kingdom by exclusively using the kingdom funds when we can ask
for donations for 'special' projects and thus save the funds we currently have
for emergencies or leaner times.

If we do not look to our future we may not have one.

In Service to the Dream and Ansteorra

Lord Borek Vitalievich Volkov
Eclipse Herald, Central Region
Learn from the past, Look to the future, Live in the present!