NR - [Fwd: Tent Help]

Kim Tucker neassa at swbell.net
Wed Feb 3 11:51:14 PST 1999

Greetings unto Seigneur Tristan from Baroness Neassa of Stargate,

You said:
> Myself and a friend have just acquired a Military Gp-Small 16' Hexagonal
> tent. It is of course good old Mil-Green. Was wondering if anyone
> had any good ideas how to Change the color on a whole to White or off
> White without ruining the natural waterproofing of the canvas.

We frequently use Duke Hector and Duchess Rowan's GP Medium tent, which
has been painted all over to look like a castle. I know they started out
with a liner that was off-white, but it seemed to take the paint fine.
More waterproofing was added after the paint.

I don't remember what it was like before the paint, but it doesn't seem
to be too hot to use now. The main problems we have experienced were
that the tent canvas is now a _lot_ heavier, and it can't be folded down
as small so it takes up considerably more room to pack and store.

I can get you the information on what kind of paint they used and any
other details about the painting process if you would like.

We will have this tent set up at Gulf War at the top of Hastings Field.
Please come by and take a look at it.

Regards,
Neassa