NR - Combat Archery Q&A forum at NR

DAFPIG at aol.com DAFPIG at aol.com
Wed Jan 27 09:59:52 PST 1999

Greetings Ansteorra,

With all the increase of activity in the Combat Archery field, I have been
asked over and over again for Combat Archery tips. well....

I would like to suggest an Informal Question & Answer forum for Northern
Regional next month.  Perhaps we could grab a corner of the hall after feast
or meet on the fighting field when they do melee practice that doesn't include
combat archery. This would NOT be a formal class that is part of the War
Practice, but a gathering of serious combat archers..Folks who want to be more
than just another body in armor with a bow.  However I would encourage anyone
who is interested in learning more about the in's and out's of combat archery
to put thier 2cents in!

Topics that would be disscussed could include..Suriving a field battle,
arrow/bolt preferences, target classification, sniping techquines..fighters-
how to assist your archers in being more effective and such.  I Don't want to
cover topics such as Armor requirements, bow weights and other basics that can
be found in your Fighters handbook or through your local Knights marshel.

So, Is anyone interested??  Perhaps I can tell you something that will help
you enjoy combat archery to its fullest!

Baroness Octavia de Verdon
Lady Wife to Sir Daffyd Whittaker