NR - War practice

Cody Chezem odin at okom.net
Mon Jan 25 08:00:21 PST 1999

Heilsa,

The war practice hosted by the Barony of Northkeep this past Sunday went
very well. It was attended by 14 warriors and we had several productive
hours of fighting. One high point was when HE Sigyn made an fantastic long
range shot that TWO fighters were ready to take as good (you will have to
ask her about that). If the quality of fighting was  an example of the whole
region then we are starting to "jell" as a fighting force. Even our new
fighters are doing well.

The next opprotunities (and most likly the last) for war practice will be at
Wolfstar, Feb 6th (Cimmaron Camp near Coyle, OK), and concider this a call
to arms; for the dastardly :-> Vatavians are coming to answer for their
crimes against our precious "Mead Bees". Word has come to me from reliable
source that the King of Calontir himself has spoken of this and has
incouraged his Fyrdmen and Huscarls to answer these charges. Then two weeks
later, Feb 20th, at the same location we meet for the Northern Regional
Tribute to Ansteorra. Please, all warriors attend even if you do not plan to
go to Gulf War your brothers and sisters in arms need your help to put the
final polish on their skills that bring victory for King and Kingdom.

One last note the regional Seneshals should now have the rules for Armored
Comdat and the Arts and Sciences competition at Northern Regional Warlord,
Apr 2nd - 4th hosted by the Barony of Northkeep at the Will Rogers Scout
Camp. It is important that everyone take a look at these ASAP. There will be
copies at Northern Tribute.

To Victory!!!

Thorvald