NR - Baltimore Consort in Edmond

dssweet at okstate.edu dssweet at okstate.edu
Sat Jan 30 14:19:03 PST 1999

Well, as the subject line says, the Baltimore Consort will be in Edmond this
Sunday, Jan. 31. All they remembered about the performance is that it is at 3 pm
at a church. Check the OKC papers, it's bound to be listed. And if you don't
know who the Baltimore Consort is, well, you obviously don't listen to early
music. Definitely one of the top recording groups of early music that's out
there. And if you've ever danced with Mooneschadeen, we use several pieces of
Playford music that they've recorded.

Several of us from Mooneschadowe attended their performance here on Friday
night. It was great!!

Lute, cittern, rebec, lowland bagpipe, several flutes & recorders, etc. are the
instruments used.

The performance will be mostly what they did in Stillwater: a lot of stuff off
of the album "On the Banks of Helicon: Early Music of Scotland".

Don't miss them!!

Estrill, the only cd I don't have of their's yet is Watkin's Ale!! Only 1 to
go!!