[Re: NR - On Northkeep and Toy Tourney (LONG)]

Eire Web eireweb at usa.net
Wed Jul 7 11:52:09 PDT 1999

I am very new to Northkeep, as a matter of fact, I just attended my first
populace meeting. Having come from another Barony (Namron), I can tell you
that I never actually heard anyone complain paticlarly about Northkeep winning
Toy Tourney, but then I wasn't listening for it. All in all, I found the
populace of Northkeep friendly and welcoming. I have to say though, much to my
great disappointment that this list is not the only place where public
gutter-sniping takes place. A lady I have a great deal of respect for took a
great deal of public bashing for changing the way the Toy Tourney was being
run. On my first encounter with my new barony, I found that treatment of a
person by those in charge to be very disheartening. I hope to find that to be
an isolated incident. There are somethings that should either not be said or
perhaps said with more tact.
Either way, denigrating people publicly, and without giving them the ability
to respond to it is both non-productive and unneccessary and only serves to
breed hard feelings. Or, if you feel the need to challenge someone publicly,
at least do it in a forum where they can return fire.

Forgive my outburst but being a bard, I am not known for holding my tongue,
particularly when I see possible injustices in the making.

Lady Sibeal inghean ui Ruairc