NR - Brass Ring Coif

KTMC RADIO ktmc at icok.net
Sun Jul 18 14:25:10 PDT 1999

Greetings!
   I checked once with Merrick, as our List Administrator, to make sure
it was all right to post about an item I have I'm looking to get rid
of.    I bought a brass ring coif some months ago. Well, the guy who
sold it to me said that it fit his head, and had a picture with a pretty
spiffy looking coif that hung down on the shoulders with its' dags.
   Well, when I got it, I could even get it over my head. It's not just
the fact that this was a slender young guy wearing this coif and I'm
bigger than your average black bear who wears a 24" neck circumference
gorget , a number of Northkeep folk tried it on also at a demo early
this year, and they couldn't wear it, either.
   Making this story even longer than it already could have been, the
armorer who sold it to me told me to ship him my measurements said he
would make me something that would fit. I recently found out for sure
that he hasn't, so I'm ready (and be VERY careful about ordering armor
over the 'net,) to get rid of it.
   Unless you're REALLY small, I don't think it will fit an adult. It
will either be a decorator piece, or one for a youth someone might be
trying to come up with an outfir for might be able to wear.
   I'd sell it, or swap it for something I could use SCA-wise. If
there's interest, I'll try and bring it up to next Sat's fighter
practice, or get a picture on-line. If you want to e-mail me privately,
my e-address is
mailto:ktmc at icok.net
   Thanks, and have a great rest of the weekend!
   Valstarr