NR - NR-Painting Leather

derryk r carr derryk at ilinkusa.net
Sat Jul 31 07:36:22 PDT 1999

In my experiences with tooling and painting leather, I have found that
it is indeed true that most paints either ware off or fade in time. This
is especially true for paints used on armor. When I tooled and painted
my armor I used acrylic leather paint which I had attained at Tandy
leather store. After painting the leather, and letting it dry, I covered
the leather and paint with several coats of a clear leather finish.

Here is a list of leather sources if you need them.....

Leather Unlimited
7155 Hwy. B,   P.O. Box L
Belgium, Wisconsin
53004-0911