NR - Re: Wanted--hyperkinetic warriors

Kief av Kiersted sirkief at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 25 14:56:24 PST 1999

Heilsa Gunthar, undisputed King of Ansteorra...

You penned:

>I like this and thank you Sir Lyonel. I would like to see more people
>working on things like this now instead of rushing into training a
>month before the War.

Indeed, Your Majesty, this should be the "wake-up call" to all of Your
Warlords, Kingdom and Regional.... Now is the time to train for _next
year's_ Wars...

>Also, Mistress Mari, I agree with you. Very few people enjoy being in
>a shieldwall all of the time. That's why I want to push the more
>free-style fighting for the entire Ansteorran army in open field
>situations. Not only is it very effective but also a lot more fun for
>the fighters and, in my opinion, that is what we are really here for.
>We still need to work on the close order drill for tighter situations
>like sieges and bridges and Duke Kein's stratagies are fantastic for
>this. I'd like to see more work done here as well.

Agreed...! "Wind sprints" in armor come to mind... Passing attacks at
full charge between groups of combatants... Hunter/Killer units... The
visions...the Visions.......!!

>Remember when we were younger and events didn't end until Sunday
afternoon?
>Maybe we can resurrect that old dinosaur and have fun fighting for TWO
>days!

I do remember those days Your Majesty... Perhaps at Crown, You might
wish to hold a Grand Tournament on Saturday where all that wish to vie
for the Crown MUST fight. Then hold the Crown Lists early Sunday
morning........ Ahhhhhh...memories....

>Yours,
>
>Gunthar
>Rex