NR - Archers of Ansteorra (Rant and Rave)

DAFPIG at aol.com DAFPIG at aol.com
Sun Mar 14 18:51:38 PST 1999

Greetings All,
The Good Lord Gilli wrote these words among others:

snip
<<
 I also believe that each and every Ansteorran archer should get down on
 their knees and give thanks to God for the rain that saved them the most
 sever beating in our history!!  How many of you would be archers went to the
 war with empty quivers, thinking of filling them from the goodness of two
 for three mass arrow makers??  If you didn't go with your quivers full of
 YOUR OWN arrows, you are so wrong.>>
snip

Lord Gilli,

While I understand the need to vent your anger, I believe your alittle off
base with the above statement.  I Don't thank God that the rain "saved" me..an
Ansteorrean Archer from what you believe would have been a sever beatting!!!
I was greatly upset it rained and I was unable to fight.   I was There, in
armor AND on the field ,waiting to meet our kingdoms foes, When we were told
to vacate the field.

 I also went with a quiver so full of bolts, that there was NO way I could
even get one more in..about 50 of them....SO..While I acknowledge the good
work the of the mass arrow makers, I DON'T count on them to fill MY quiver
with bolts.  I do make all my own. While I have used other's bolts in the
past, it is the rare exception instead of the rule!

So, before you blindly chastise ALL your archer companions, please think twice
about those of us who enjoy shooting WITHOUT your arrows and assistance.

Now I'm just venting......
Baroness Octavia de Verdon
Crossbow ARCHER of Ansteorra