NR - Rumors about me...

Russell Kinder russmax at cowboy.net
Thu Mar 18 12:51:34 PST 1999

To friends, acquaintances, and those who know me by reputation only:

   I apologize in advance to those who neither know nor care about this.

   It has come to my attention that some folk in neighboring groups (and
indeed my own Shire) have raised an eyebrow at the attention I have been
giving to a certain 15 year old blonde girl in the Mooneschadowe dance
troupe.

   Some have speculated whether I have done things with this girl that
are best not mentioned on a public list. Some have asked if the
Honorable Lady Rhiannon and I are still together. I want to kill these
rumors and put them to rest once and for all. These rumors cause my lady
great distress and some dishonor, they offend me greatly, and they also
call into question the honor of the girl.

   Rhiannon and I remain together and happily married. I have not been,
nor do I intend to be, unfaithful to my wife. Not with the 15 year old
girl nor with anyone else. The suggestion that I would do so, especially
with a 15 year old, is greatly offensive to me.

   So that all will know, and won't have to speculate or gossip idly, I
will define my relationship with the girl.

   She is my star dance pupil. She is willing to learn any dance, no
matter how difficult. Indeed, the harder the better. She has been
playing for less than a year, and already knows more dances than anyone
else in Mooneschadowe, save HL Estril and myself. She has a real passion
for dancing and wants to teach, to reconstruct period dances on her own,
to do her own choreographies, and to make dancing more than it currently
is in Ansteorra. For these reasons, we are often dance partners,
especially for performances.

   The girl is also Rhiannon's and my adopted SCA daughter that we are
responsible for at events. She is a dear friend to me, and in many ways,
I think of her as my own daughter. Any affection that might be seen
between the two of us is in this context. Beside the fact that I am
happily, monogamously, married, the girl is twenty years younger than I
am, less than half my age, and under 18, in any case. I guarantee that I
am not going to go there. Affection as for a daughter is all that is
appropriate, and all that I give or desire to give.

   In the future, if anyone has questions about the propriety of any of
my behavior, I ask that you come to me. I assure that I will be polite
and answer your questions as honestly as I am able, even if the answers
don't always put me in the best light.

In service to the dream,
Lord Guillaume de Troyes

Seneschal of the Shire of Mooneschadowe

Co-dance master of the Mooneschadowe dance guild

Member of the Liondragon Guard

Holder of an Award of Arms, a Sable Thistle for juggling, a Sable
Thistle for dance, a Sable Comet for Service to Mooneschadowe, and a
Sable Comet for Service to Gnomon Vale.