ANST-Announce - Feedback wanted...

Pug Bainter pug at pug.net
Mon May 10 08:34:09 PDT 1999

Good Morning one and all,

  I am searching for feedback regarding an issue with the Announcement
  list. This is a grey area in my mind, so I want other people's input.

  With regard to event announcements, what should the policy be for
  all regions to be posted to?

  My general stance on the issue is:

  1) If it is information regarding a Kingdom event, or group perpetual
     event, then it is approved for the announcement list. These are the
     large events that draw people from all regions in the Kingdom.

  2) If it is a smaller event by a Barony, Shire, Canton, etc, that I
     only approve it if there is something "special" involved that might
     cause a larger out-of-region draw. (ie. Peerage elevation)

  If it does not meet one of these two criteria, then I only send it to
  the Kingdom list and the appropriate regional list. I am having
  difficulty drawing the line on "special".

  Please send responses to me privately or to the main Ansteorran list
  for discussion. I will make a decission and post the criteria a week
  from today.

  I thank you for your assistance in this matter.

In Service,