NR - War Practice

Lori Campbell LCAMPBEL at ossm.edu
Wed Nov 3 16:52:33 PST 1999

> Jean Paul said:

> I am sorry to report, the site still does not allow archery, but
> Weisenfeuer's new site does.  However, they didn't have rights
> to that site until next week. Combat archers, I am sorry.

This is actually a little more complicated.  True, the site we will
use this weekend does not allow for combat archery.  I can imagine no
city park that would.

Our new site - where we will be on and after 11/14/99 - is adjacent
to a target archery range.  The Trosper Park archery club
graciously allows our target archers to use this range at no cost,
provided that we follow all of the required rules for running a safe
range.  There is also a very large field adjacent to the range that
they have agreed to let us use for our baronial fighter practice.

There is a *possibility* that we will be able to do combat archery
on that field in the future.  It is officially in a city park, but we
may be able to shoot there because access to the area is controlled
by Trosper Archery club.  We are still working out the details with
the archery club and to get their final approval we will have to show
them a good, safe example of what combat archery entails.  We will
probably be scheduling a practice using combat archery at a time when
the club's representatives can be there to see it.  Hopefully, we
will be able to scout up enough combat archers to show them that what
we do is safe.  Until that time, though, we won't be using combat
archery at that location either.

I don't mean to sound negative.  If we end up not being able to do
combat archery there, we have a couple of other ideas we might try.
I just didn't want anyone to show up at our new FP site expecting to
shoot combat archery only to be disappointed.

Baroness of Wiesenfeuer