NR - Re: northern region castle list

Rebecca M. Heydon rebecca-heydon at utulsa.edu
Thu Apr 20 08:20:40 PDT 2000

Your enthusiasm is to be commended....

A specific design has been approved by the Boy Scout Council and plans are,
indeed, floating around.  In approving those plans, legal and safety
concerns for the Scouts and the SCA were considered before a final design
was approved.  Changing the design starts the bureaucracy all over again
and once again, the project will be put on hold.

The Barony of Northkeep spent quite a lot of time thinking about designs
and whatnot and HE Thorgrim worked with others (Lord Merrik, Lord Piotr,
Laird Ian to name a few) in creating those plans.  What has prevented the
project from getting off the drawing board is getting the necessary
materials to the Will Rogers site.  I am somewhat troubled that it seems
that those plans are now to be thrown out the window and a new design
created so that it's like the one at Gulf Wars.  A great many people
agonized over those plans and it seems, to me, a great disservice in
chucking all that effort out the window.  It seems to me that all of this
renewed enthusiasm might best be used in continuing the project that was
already started rather than starting over.

I guess I am somewhat bristly about this and my apologies.  As I said, a
fair number of individuals have already put a great amount of effort into
this project and whereas I am thrilled the castle may become a reality, I
don't believe duplicating our efforts and starting over is the way to do so.

In service,

Rowan

At 07:05 AM 4/20/2000 -0700, you wrote:
>Good day Lords and Ladys of Northkeep,
>
>There is a new list associated with the castle project.
>It will be used primarily for information sharing, Planning, and resource
>control.
>
>The current thought is to build the castle much like the one at Gulf in
>order to give Ansteorra a site to practice sieges for war, also
>it has been reported that there are copies of plans for it floating around.
>
>If you are interested in helping many a strong back will be needed when we
>start to move poles, and your input will be appreciated.
>We are specifically looking for people with either Car Trailers, or Design
>engineering experience.
>
>Information to follow:
>if you wish to post messages use nr_castle at topica.com
>
>Thank you for you time
>Timothy of NorthKeep

end
******
Rebecca M. Heydon
University of Tulsa
Mabee Legal Information Center
ph:  918-631-3557
fax:  918-631-2151
rebecca-heydon at utulsa.edu
"If you can't be kind, at least have the decency to be vague."
		--Anonymous
******