NR - Re: NR Warlord vs. Tribute

Jerry and Teresa Herring herring at rectec.net
Tue Aug 29 20:44:57 PDT 2000

Greetings,

    I was heavily involved in both Northern Regional Tribute and Northern
Regional Warlord this past year.  Both events were successful.  Northern
Regional Tribute managed to raise over a couple of thousand dollars for the
kingdom coffers; Northern Regional Warlord, while not as profitable, (since
this is not the purpose of this event) managed to raise money for the North.
    Northern Regional Tribute was very cold and a lot of fun.  (Well, we had
a lot of fun in the kitchen! :)
    Northern Regional Warlord was very hot and a lot of fun.  (Well, it
especially was in the pool from what I've heard, never made it into the
pool:(   )

    Northern Regional Warlord was initially intended to be held in the
middle of April this year, but due to a scheduling conflict it was moved to
a later date.  This so happened to coincided with Steppes Artisan, where a
laurelling took place, and Pensic which is a long drive.  Despite Steppes
Artisan, Pensic and the oppressive heat we had between 150-200 people in
attendance; not too shabby!

    It seems appropriate that we should have our two northern regional
events in opposite seasons.  Crown tournaments, since there are two a year,
are held six months apart, it seems only right that our northern regional
events, since there are two a year, should be held six months apart.  It has
already been discussed that holding Warlord right before or right after Gulf
Wars, either gives someone not enough time to prepare the troops, or too
much time--people tend to not get excited if asked the week after Gulf Wars
to attend a practice for the following year--we get bored, we have other
interests, we have to prioritize our lives.  The ideal time for Northern
Regional Warlord would be after the fall tourney season--if (big if) at each
northern groups' event--a northern region practice was held.

    During the fall season, we all get excited, the fever hits us, we start
talking and planning for Gulf War, we are living the dream.  We are primed
for war; what better time to choose a champion?  We will have seen our
northern combatants on the field; we will know who has the skill, drive and
courage to lead our forces to war.  Then, after the fall tournament season
is over, (or close to it--I haven't checked the calendar for 2001 for
possible dates) we can hold our Northern Regional Warlord event, and
immediately with our new Warlords begin holding monthly or bi-monthly
practices.

I think I have said enough for now,
My 2 cents,
Lady Kelandra Carmichael