NR - NR Warlord

Chuck_CTR_Graves at mmacmail.jccbi.gov Chuck_CTR_Graves at mmacmail.jccbi.gov
Wed Aug 30 05:56:42 PDT 2000

Greetings from Tadhg.

First, I was unable to attend this year because of work...ahh, blessed
mundanity.

I feel it is an essential JOB to be filled in the fighting community...and one
whose responsibilities must be considered before entering.  The NR Warlord is a
job, not a Title...if you are not prepared for it, you should not declare
yourself.

Also, remember that the NR Warlord is a WAR leader.  Several have referred to
this as a tourney...and in other regions (and Kingdom Warlord, I believe), it is
chosen in that format.  But in the North, it seems recognized that good tourney
fighters do not always make good commanders...or vice versa.

I believe NRW should remain a separate event.  The competition for NR Warlord
cannot easily be added to an event...it's a large melee format using multiple
scenarios (Field, Town, Castle, Bridge, etc.)

As for when, I believe it should as soon after Gulf Wars as we can make it...the
weather is good and the fighting fever is  upon us.  All due consideration
should be paid to events and major demos of the region...there are still some
holes in the schedule.  It would also be helpful if we could coordinate a
relatively stable date. Remember, Crown just moved in front of Gulf Wars...

With consideration as to before or after Gulf Wars, I prefer After.  But I think
Before is reasonable IF the new Warlord is for the FOLLOWING Gulf War.  That
gives the new Warlord the opportunity to learn the duties of the office (at Gulf
War) and allow them a full year to prepare the troops for the NEXT Gulf
War...but that's 13 or 14 months.

Regards,
Tadhg