NR - Re: NR Tribute

Lori Campbell LCAMPBEL at ossm.edu
Wed Aug 30 15:41:19 PDT 2000

> Burke said:
> I am not sure what the autocrats thought about the event

I didn't speak for the autocrats either.   I only spoke for the
sponsoring group.  I've lived there since NRT started, so I think I'm
pretty clear on how many of them feel.  Come to think of it, so did
you.  I know we discussed it, as a group, many times.

Maybe it would have helped if Wiesenfeuer had known Kingdom was
treating it differently than they were.  That would have cleared up a
lot of very serious misconceptions and prevented a lot of hurt
feelings.

> I know that I used it as the example and benchmark whenever
> I spoke to people on how to do a regional event.

So have I.   I don't think, to this day, any region has successfully
duplicated what was done with Tribute.

I guess we'll have to agree to disagree as to whether or not the
sponsoring group ever treated it as a "Regional" event.  I don't
think we did and I'm certain no one ever told us otherwise. As
long as we sponsored it, Weisenfeuer never submitted a bid to anyone
in order to host the event and the Kingdom never took bids for it.
In fact, last year was the first time any bids were solicited or
accepted, and that was *after* Wiesenfeuer said they didn't want to
do it.  To me, that speaks volumes about whether or not the
Kingdom treated it as a "true" regional event.  Perhaps if it had
been officially co-sponsored we wouldn't have gotten so burned
out on it.  That's an awfully big event to prepare for, provide a
coordinating autocrat for, clean up after, front money for and do
paperwork on for 6 years.