Regional Identity (was Re: NR - Maybe this is a stupid comment, but...)

Chris Backus cbackus at peakonline.com
Thu Aug 31 12:15:42 PDT 2000

----- Original Message -----
From: "Lori Campbell" <LCAMPBEL at ossm.edu>
To: <northern at ansteorra.org>
Sent: Wednesday, August 30, 2000 7:53 PM
Subject: Re: NR - Maybe this is a stupid comment, but...

> If the focus of the region has shifted towards promoting a regional
> identity and regional patriotism, my logical train of thought just
> said that perhaps the purpose (and the name) of NR Tribute to
> Ansteorra might need to change as well.  YMMV.
>
> Kat  >^.,.^<

======

I think some of us have an interest in promoting a regional identity
and patriotism.  In what ways can we further these goals?  I'm just
trying to start a discussion, somewhat separate from the two event
question, but perhaps related in that regional events might factor
into developing our regional identity.

Also, doesn't supporting our Kingdom as a region further these goals?
Developing as a region shouldn't imply isolationtionism (not that I
think anyone implied that, I'm just not sure the name would need to
change).

Hawkins