Regional Identity (was Re: NR - Maybe this is a stupid comment, but...)

Maleah maleah at mmcable.com
Thu Aug 31 14:05:49 PDT 2000

I must politely disagree with you here Your Excellency. Northern Regional
Tribute sums up the focus of the event very well. It has bred a sense of
regional pride and cooperation that was not seen before this event came into
being. Why should we change the name when this so aptly sums it up??? I know
that the event has taken a different turn than the originators may have
intended but IMNSHO that hasn't been such a bad thing. It's kind of like
raising a child, you get them started by teaching them morals and standards
but at some point, if they're healthy, they just take off on their own. To
me this is what has happened with NRT. I'm very sorry there have been hurt
feelings and misunderstandings about this event but it has turned into one
of the best things to come out of this region. Look at the impact it has had
on the rest of the kingdom. Wiesenfeuer should take pride in what they have
brought about through this event.
    I would like to see the event continue, it serves a noble purpose and
has been the glue that has helped cement the identity of the North by making
us work together. If this event is to continue it's time for the rest of us
to shoulder our share of the burden and host it.

Just my two shekels worth,
Maleah
Namron