NR - NR Warlord vs. Tribute

Lori Campbell LCAMPBEL at ossm.edu
Mon Aug 28 21:22:55 PDT 2000

> My sister, Gunhilda, whose opinion I respect a great deal, wrote:
> I think our Warlord should be chosen at Tribute.

If we decide, as a region, to select regional champions at a war
college in February (NR Tribute), I'd respectfully request that the
name and tone of the event be changed.  Whoever decided to do it
could, of course, still run activities to raise money for the
kingdom.  As I said, several of the folks who started that event have
strong feelings about picking regional champions at an event that was
intended to honor our KINGDOM, not garner Titles for regional
champions.  It would just be a courtesy, but it would do a lot to
take the sting out of doing something that is so blatantly against
all that event was originally intended to be.

If the majority aren't in favor of this, that's fine.  Though we
aren't a democracy, majority usually rules.  Everyone would just have
to understand up front that this would cause some hard feelings.