NR - Northern Regional Tribute

Kimberlee Friend ladyedeirdre at hotmail.com
Sun Dec 31 16:42:42 PST 2000

The Kingdom Seneschal wrote: "For those of you who feels it necessary to
express concern"

I for one would like to express my concern this incident is not 'petty' as
Master Fairbourne put it.  That the 'few involved' consists of over half the
members of the Barony of Namron.  We have asked questions of the powers that
be and we as a whole have not recieved one straight forward answer. I have a
few questions for those powers that be and if this opens a can of worms for
those persons, so be it.  The Populace has a right to know how this was
handled and the reasons behind it.

Earlier I wrote to the Nothern Regional Seneschal and this was her reply to
some question I know are going around:

1.Did HE Michelle know over a month ago(before Yule) that she and Sir
Asoph were going to be the event Stewards for the event? (Please keep in
mind that I hold both of these people in high regards and count them both as
friends.  I don't blame them for anything.)
-Ariane: "No, Asoph told me at Yuls that he wanted to put in a bid. Ivar did
too, but never gave me on."

2.Is it true that they didn't even turn in an application for the event
until after the bid was closed?
-Ariane:"The bid had been closed at the last pop. meeting.  I extended it
for Celest (Until Yule) and then againfor Asoph & Michelle's and Ivar's
(Until one week from Yule at Duncan's suggestion).

3.Why were they picked over the two applications given by members of the
Barony of Namron?
-Ariane:" I only got one bid from someone in Namron, Celest.  I assume the
other that you mention would be Alexander's. If so, I never got a copy of
his bid- Iwas told it was a 'just in case' bid and was to be opeed if no one
else put in.  As to the reason they were picked- I had two bids and I picked
the best one!  The co-ordinating autocrat does not have to come from the
hosting group."

4.Why did the Northern Regional Seneschal, and not Namron's new Seneschal,
whom the powers that be, decided was the best person for the job, pick the
event stewards for the event?
-Ariane: "I asked Richard way back when I was first starting to request bids
for a hosting group"

I believe that the Northern Regional Officers should be the Stewards for the
events and *all* the baronies, shires, and so on should foot the bill for
the event.  The event is called Nothern Regional Tribute let the whole
Northern Region *conTribute* to it.