NR - Northern Regional Tribute

Jerry and Teresa Herring herring at rectec.net
Sun Dec 31 12:55:27 PST 2000

You Excellency Gitana,

I must disagree with several points from your email: sent on Monday, January
01, 2001 12:12 PM regarding Northern Regional Tribute.

1.  Northkeep is very honored and proud to be allowed to sponsor the NRT.
Regardless of who is making the calls and who is the Autocrat. Why...because
we support this Region and this Kingdom with our whole heart. We trust that
the Kingdom will spend the money donated by us wisely, and we trust the
Seneschals of this Region and this Kingdom will choose a trust worthy
Autocrat. If any problems arise we will work with in the system to fix said
problems and then we will move on.

2. The event has been in Feburary since I can remember and I can see no
reason why it should change. (just my opinion)

3.  Just from the fact that the offices are filled and have been since I
have been playing here, I do not think we have had any trouble filling
offices in the Northern Region...(just my opinion) Your comments where
obviously your personal opinion and not based on facts.

3. It is not a burden to be allowed to host a Northern Regional Event it is
an Honor. One just like all Honors we can recieve  with in our Society there
are Responsibilties attached to it. Sponsoring a Regional event is something
you do for the good of the region and for the good of your friends in other
Baronies/Shires/etc...

You know what?  This is a Volunteer organization.

If we all chip in then no one has to do it all.

It doesn't matter what you do just do something...
but if you are not going to do anything but complain then this organization
is obviously not for you.

4.  The funds raised from NRT are not for the Northern region they are our
gift to the Kingdom. If we do become a principality then this may change.
Until then, the expenditure of the funds from this event are used to cover
its expenses and then the rest is donated to the Kingdom. That is just the
way this event is set up.
Northern Regional officers should not be bothered by how the money is spent
until they are Principality Officers or Kingdom Officers when it becomes
their responsibility.

As for your email I feel it only deserves one more comment: Your words
simply are disrespectful of the work that others have done for the Region,
the Kingdom, and the Society.

I remain,
Laird Ian Dun Gillan
Senschal Northkeep