ANST-Announce - Herald Stuff at Southern Regional

Jodi McMaster jmcmaste at accd.edu
Mon Mar 6 09:59:40 PST 2000

Greetings, Good Heralds of Ansteorra!

Please consider joining us at the Southern Regional Festival to be held
in Huntsville, Texas, March 31-April 2.  On Saturday, there will be the
first (to our knowledge) Voice Heralds Triathlon.  The event will
consist of three courses: Distance, Speed, and Accuracy. Book heralds
are asked to serve as judges.  For all heralds, I will be sponsoring a
lunch sideboard with heraldic games.  *PLEASE, pretty please, come by.*
I need to field test the games (not the food) for KWHS.

Triathlon Details:

Distance:  We will have a fighter-calling competition for this portion.
A course will be measured out, and competitors will have to try and get
the attention of a fully armored fighter at various distances.

Speed:  A course will be laid out at the event site.  Each competitor
will have at least one opportunity during the day to make an
announcement around the course.  Points will be given for speed, style,
and clarity.  *This may include wake-up.  If you want to be complete
this portion during wake-up, please let me know.*

Accuracy:  The deliciously devious Master Daniel de Lincolia is
preparing a court that will test your ability to perform accurately
under the trying conditions of court. Style points will also be awarded.

AElfwyn aet Gyrwum