ANST-Announce - Wastelands Medieval/Renaissance Faire

Ceridwen of Wizard's Keep auntdwen at peakonline.com
Fri Mar 24 12:25:13 PST 2000

Greetings from the Wastelands of Ansteorra (Enid/Fairview, OK)!

This year marks our Third Annual Medieval/Renaissance Garden Faire in Enid, Oklahoma.  It will be on Saturday, May 13th from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.  This is the Wastelands' big public demonstration for the year.  It is also an opportunity for us to support a worthy cause, namely the use and maintenance of historic Government Springs Park.

As the vendor coordinator this year, I want to put out a call to potential vendors:  Come to the Wastelands and sell your wares!  We are looking for vendors whose merchandise can be considered of a medieval/renaissance or garden theme (no neon plastic stuff, please).  There is space available for merchants at $35.00 for a 12x12 open space.  If you have a large pavilion you would like to set-up, spaces over 12X12 are available for $50.00.  Please contact me at the return email, or call (580)237-0949 for an information/registration packet.  Our deadline for registration is the first week in May.

There will, of course, be both Rapier and Armored combat.  We are also encouraging any persons who do and art or science to bring samples of your work for display to the public.  We would also like to encourage any artisan whose work can be demonstrated publicly (e.g., needle work, drop spindles, chain mail making, etc.) to plan on doing their craft for the public to observe.

Entertainers!  We have a stage available for booking.  We have a couple of belly dancing troupes who have agreed to perform.  We are looking for actors, bardcraft, magicians, European court dancing, musicians--all comers are welcome.  We are making a brochure and scheduling performance times, so if you are interested in performing on the stage, please contact me to make arrangements.

We have enjoyed the participation of a large number of SCA folk from the Northern Region and beyond.  I look forward to an even larger turnout this year.  If you have any questions, or if you feel there are persons who would be interested in this information who are not online, please contact me.

In Service to Shire and Dream

Baroness Ceridwen Tir Gwastraff
House Wizard's Keep
Shire of the Wastelands