NR - Clarification RE: Northkeep fire victims

Staci L. Myers Staci-Myers at ouhsc.edu
Mon May 22 09:57:30 PDT 2000

I agree with Kat. Rowan, your original post contained nothing but the facts
as you knew them, & you said NOTHING that would imply that anyone was at
fault for the fire. How anyone could interpret a shorted-out appliance as
negligence on ANYONE'S part is beyond me.

Rowan, we appreciate your bringing the message to the rest of the North so
quickly, allowing for the equally quick mobilization of relief efforts.
Mistress 'Stacia ran one of her famous drawings at Beltaine & raised several
hundred dollars, & I understand that a similar event will be held at
Castellan.

Is there an organized relief fund set up/planned as yet, & if so, where can
donations be sent?

Once again, Rowan, I am certain that the majority of the north was as
appreciative of your prompt report as I & my lord were. The people with
nothing better to do than manufacture insult where only good intentions
exist are definitely (& thankfully) a minority. Keep your chin up & continue
to keep us informed, please. Thank God no one was killed or severely
injured.

Aelfwyn