NR - Principality

Carl Chipman cchipman at nomadics.com
Mon Sep 4 16:51:23 PDT 2000

Just from my few discussions with other peoples of the mists:

Additional Pros:
1.  Greater Chance of Royalty at smaller events.
2.  Allows more freedom to the king and queen, as the hectic rate at which
they must travel could be reduced a bit.
3.  Allows more recognition for the newer regional fighters.  Sometimes it
hard for the members of the chivalry to know all of the "up-and-coming"
fighters from an area, but if the compete well in the coronet list, its a
good indicator to check them out.
4.  Good practice for being king and queen.  Mistakes made by a
prince/princess in their region are more likely to be forgiven because the
region knows them better than an out of area King and Queen.
5.  I know as Ansteorrans most people don't like to say this, but sometimes
you don't really care for the king or queen.  With a prince/princess, you
could always play with them instead of with the crown.  I know that this
attitude is not kinda good, but its true that people do not universally
like other people.

Ld. Jean Paul de Sens

P.S. in case anyone remembers this is a rehash of an e-mail I sent out about
6 months ago...