NR - Principality

Rebecca M. Heydon rmheydon at swbell.net
Tue Sep 5 15:15:13 PDT 2000

You

> > Adding a level of awards to recognize deeds in a Principality would
> > allow people who are not currently receiving recognition an avenue of
> > recognition.
>
> Do we currently have an overabundance of folks not receiving
> recognition for their service, arts or fighting?
> It's just my opinion, but I'd have to say not.
>
> If we do have people who are being denied well deserved recognition,
> I'd have to say it is because folks aren't recommending them.

And sad to say, it's true that some people aren't being recommended.  Having
been a Seneschal, I helped as much as I could with award recs.
Unfortunately, one of the biggest 'excuses' I got from people on why they
took so long in recommending So-and-So for Scu-and-Such was, "I figured the
King and Queen wouldn't know who they were because So-and-So is from the
North."  What can you say to that other than "All we can do is try!"?????

Rowan