NR - Principality *not* Kingdom

Staci L. Myers Staci-Myers at ouhsc.edu
Wed Sep 6 06:04:25 PDT 2000

I see your point & no, there is definitely nothing wrong with having a goal
to work toward.

However, I think that when the do we/don't we want to become a Principality
issue is discussed, the issue of Kingdom has to be addressed at least
briefly because, as you have said, the logical thought procession for some
people is Principality -> Kingdom.

I think that once the majority of the region supports it, the North could
become a Principality with little trouble. However, some people could be
thinking "Principality today, tomorrow Kingdom", & after looking at the page
that Sir Burke set up on the Ansteorran Website:

http://www.ionet.net/~burkemc/popcount.html

I must agree with Sir Burke that we are far short of the population needed
to support a Kingdom. I'm not saying that it could *never* happen (I rarely
use the word), but if we attain Principality status, we will likely hold
there for quite a long time, barring a major change in membership trends, &
people need to be aware of that.

Aelfwyn