NR - Principality *not* Kingdom

Eric Jackson owenapaeddan at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 6 06:49:24 PDT 2000

Sigen Northkeep asked some questions that I wanted to answer.  So here we
go.

>Is it not a good thing to add more pomp and ceremony to our game?  Is it
>bad
>to want more?

As someone who loves the ceremony and all the pomp he can handle I say no
you can never really have enough.

Will the work overwhelm the fun?
I have never thought so but I have not been burned out yet mostly because I
can go and recharge my batteries at the events I love to go to.

Would having a Prince/ess
>really separate us from the Crown, or enable more direct contact through
>Royal channels?

having local royals would IMO help out a lot with recommendations as I am
not landed or high ranking nobility my recommendations seem to get file
thirteened a lot. Only when I have recruited many different people to also
recommend or have asked help from landed Nobility has my recommendations
ever happened. So I believe having anouther person to enlist for help with
recommendations is a good thing.

Will having principality awards make it harder to become a
>Peer of the Realm?
>From what I have seen and heard it would not have any real effect on
becoming a peer because the principality awards are AOA level so I do not
see how they would add anouther rung on the ladder just more color to the
rungs that are there.

Would becoming a principality make anyone stop playing?

I would love to say that no people would not stop playing but since I know
better unfortunetly change causes many problems for people and some would
not ba able to adapt to the change and would quit playing. something that
Merrick said that I concur with is if you make it so much fun that everyone
wants to do it then I think the loss of those unable to change could be
recouped.

>What would the region, as a whole, suffer?
I do not see how. yes there would be more work but everything takes work you
just have to make sure that it is worth it in the end. When I first started
playing in Mooneschadowe all I ever did was show up and help with feast and
serve feast and clean up after feast whenever Aeddan and Gwennan did feast
or a tavern. I worked my tail end off and had the most wonderful time doing
it. A lot of work but worth it in the end because I had such a good time so
it was worth it.

What would it gain?
We would have a prince and princess new heraldic displays and maybe my
little Canton would actually get to see some royality at there event. Yes it
would be true that it would not be the King or the Queen but it would be our
Prince and Princess and that is more than enough in my book.

Is there
>anything wrong with having a goal and working to reach it?
without goals you have nothing to strive for nothing to test yourself
against to see if you are growing or dead.

  And finally, are
>there enough folks willing to do the work?
I cannot speak for anyone else but I know that I am willing to do whatever I
can to help in the creation of a principality as this is the goal we are
discussing.

               Lord Owen ap Aeddan ap Trahaearn
               ap Llewellyn ap Gruffudd ap Gwent
               ap Bredd ap Camden ap Anarward