NR - honor?

Merrik Viltar Har merrikviltarhar at swbell.net
Wed Sep 6 12:53:27 PDT 2000

Merrik stuck a foot in it with;
> > Your Excellency Silveraxe...
> > The people who have the most fun didn't come to your event cause
> > we didn't want to know who you were gonna get pissed off at and
> > threaten to take out of the S.C.A. next.

> Kat purred;
> Your phraseology would seem to indicate to all that Sir Barn
> Silveraxe makes a habit of getting violently angry at people and
> threatening them.  In the entire 11 years I have known him he has
> never been angry enough to shout at someone in public.  That he
> did it even ONE time in 11 years is nothing short of amazing. I find
> it incredibly ironic that you throw this incident (which happened
> well over A YEAR ago) out to the forefront because it suits you.
> Somehow I hoped for better from you.

I didn't say S.B. had a habit of getting violently angry at people, I said
he got pissed off and threatened to take the out of the SCA.  S.B. may have
only once lost his cool in public, but he has threatened to take more than
one person out of the SCA.
It doesn't suit me at all, I tried to be honost and polite, but factual, and
somehow I had hoped for better from both you and your lord as well, then I
wouldn't have had "ANYTHING" to say at all.

> To date no one (friend or foe) has asked Barn to explain why he was
> so angry that day.  To me that speaks volumes about the accuracy of
> the stories going around about it.  I can thank personally the
> handful of people who were close bye to the argument for taking it
> upon themselves to spread *their version of the truth* from one end
> of this kingdom to the other.  I pray that when you make a highly
> visible mistake someone responds to it with the grace you showed to
> others.

I didn't have to ask him, I was standing there, he gave me an earful as to
the whys and where-fores.
Normaly when I make a highly visible mistake, "I" am the first one to point
it out, and if I am unaware of my highly visible mistake, I can only pray
that my "friends" and "enemies" respond as gracfully as I have "tried" to
approach you and your lord, but most people are affraid of your "families"
witch hunts.  I will only ask that my friends and enemies not fear pointing
out my mistake, cause if it is a mistake, then "I" need to know.  Right?

> If I were ever to do as you have done and take it upon myself to act
> as judge, jury and executioner on someone, I certainly hope I get my
> facts straight from EVERYONE before I make public statements which
> could be VERY damaging to them personally.  You and a mere handful of
> others were present when the argument took place and you all know
> that Barn apologized *extensively* to those who overheard.  He began
> the conversation with no intention of it being anything other than a
> private conversation and quickly expressed his regret for the fact
> that it became anything else.  Aside from offering his heartfelt
> apology, there was little else he could do.  Perhaps you had
> something else in mind?

I haven't judge or executed anyone, maybe it is just a guilty conscience.  I
didn't have anything else in mind, for an apology "would" have meant
something, but S.B. did "NOT" apologize to myself, wife, or two other Lady's
of the Realm who were traveling with us (I called and asked, just to get my
facts straight before I posted).  There were more but I believe I have
enough documentation.

> I assure you that if anyone ever comes to Barn again and insists
> it is their duty as a kingdom officer to *reprimand* our King they
> won't find him a passive listener.  Barn is very much a royalist and
> defending the rights of the Crown is close to his heart.

 Defending the rigths of the Crown and the "MEMBERS" of the S.C.A who make
up the populous for which there "IS" a Crown is close to all of our hearts,
isn't it?

> Here's your can of worms.
> This petty comment of Merrik's in reply to my lord's post is just one
> example of why I will not support this region for principality at
> this time.  There are still far too many juvenile temperments at work
> here to convince me that we could handle our own Principality-level
> dirty laundry without name calling, fighting, and, in short, some
> kind of explosion ensuing.

My comment wasn't petty, I thought long and hard before I posted, and I
tried to explain my intent was to help.  However we must learn to openly and
honostly talk about our dirty laundry.
If you want to interpriet my post as name calling and fighting, then perhaps
you clutch this hobby to tightly.  I have recieved more than a dozen posts
from people telling me that they appreciated my saying what they had all
been thinking.
None the less, I have not and am not exploding, I am just trying to get the
worms out of my hobby.

Merrik;
> I am not flaming a Peer for their opinion, I am flaming a
> Peer who says their Region can't accomplish something...
Kat;
> I thought no flaming of any kind was allowed on this list.  Perhaps I
> should re-read my rules.  I guess we've got Karma at work here,
> 'cause I'm usually a very even-tempered, soft spoken, tactful kind of
> peer.  Despite reports to the contrary, my husband is too.  However,
> you can only poke someone with a stick for *so* long before they
> start snapping back.  Even Peers.

I do owe the members of this list an apology here, after posting this
morning, I thought to myself, I should have used a different term, cause
flaming is attacking someone inappropriately.  I was merely pointing out
shortcomings which I perceive with a Peer.
Apparently, members of all status, not only Peers start snapping back when
they have had enough.

Believe it or not, I am wanting only to make this better for all...

Merrik