NR - Principality

tgnst at swbell.net tgnst at swbell.net
Thu Sep 7 11:12:43 PDT 2000

This is a very simple outline for this sometimes involved procedure, and mileage
does definitely vary...:-)  I'm ignoring everything that happens before the
Crown decision that a new award is both warranted and needed, so...
The Crown decides to create a new award, its scope and precedence if any, The
Crown asks the Principal Herald for a scroll text to be created, and work on any
heraldry that might be appropriate and a submission for the award name, non
heraldic regalia may be chosen, The Crown can and will use wording as needed in
Court until official wording is finalized with the heralds, Star Signet then
finds someone to work on a new charter design, when an acceptable charter master
is OK'd by the Signet, master copies for that charter are distributed to the
regionals and other scribes who have permission to print charters, after
printing is done the charters are distributed for painting.At this point a
backlog may need to be addressed.
This process is subject to changes dependent upon the Crown, their needs and
instructions for enacting the award.
It might take some time for the heraldic and scribal colleges to get their parts
of this process done.
Note, in the old days we had very few texts for the awards, and you were lucky
to get a scroll. I remember going to a Namron pop meeting where they handed out
a stack of Thistles, they were all backlogged! And there was some surprise in
getting them too. We've also come to expect for insignia to be given, it wasn't
always available. Passing on of regalia was often a necessity, which has later
become a very honored tradition...:-)'Stacia