NR - Principality

Phillip Stallcup PStallcup at MMCABLE.COM
Fri Sep 8 06:14:41 PDT 2000

I agree, I remember the first Coronation I went to, and it was grand.  I'd
like to see more people have the opportunity to see something like that.
You also answered one of my other questions, and that is; is Nordsteorra
already an unofficial Principality anyway, just without the paperwork and
coronets......

Some friends and I have had this same discussion regarding households, some
wanted to form one.  When I asked, admittedly out of pure ignorance, why
what would that give us?  They answered, we could camp together, we do that,
we could have a household device, we could all wear something now, etc etc.
Most of what they said we could do without the formality of becoming a
house, and in fact already did many of the things.

Now I'm not saying a Principality is the same thing, again largely out of
ignorance, I'm just asking why.

Ld Llygoden Llwyd

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-northern at ansteorra.org [mailto:owner-northern at ansteorra.org]On
Behalf Of margot k-k
Sent: Thursday, September 07, 2000 21:14
To: northern at ansteorra.org
Subject: Re: NR - Principality

> In a message dated 9/7/00 8:02:23 PM Central Daylight Time,
> PStallcup at MMCABLE.COM writes:
>
> << I'm still wondering why?  Why become a Principality?  What singular
'thing'
>  is broken that needs to be fixed?  What would be better than it is now?
>  Would the CPs come to more events hosted by small groups or would they be
>  away at Kingdom events with the crown? >>

One reason would be to give a formal recognition to what I feel, is already
there.  Many of us in the North have a strong identity as Northerner's.
Different, but a vital part of the Kingdom, but still different.  As each
group within the North is different from the others, we wear that difference
with pride.  Each group, not matter if they are a Barony or not, has a hat/s
to come and hold court for the Crown in Their absence and with Their
approval.  Wouldn't it be better if the courts could be held by Coronets
instead of Landed?  I think it would add much flavor.  To formalize the
unity that is here, would be a grand thing I think.  If the North is ready,
well, that is up to the people, and we may be this time.  But, I strongly
support the goal of Principality, if not now, than in the future.

Catrin
Eldern