NR - Principality

Phillip Stallcup PStallcup at MMCABLE.COM
Fri Sep 8 06:16:10 PDT 2000

Agreed

Llygoden

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-northern at ansteorra.org [mailto:owner-northern at ansteorra.org]On
Behalf Of Chandranath
Sent: Thursday, September 07, 2000 21:46
To: northern at ansteorra.org
Subject: Re: NR - Principality

On Thu, Sep 07, 2000 at 09:27:09PM -0400, Sigen3 at aol.com wrote:
> My concept of a CP's *job* is that it would be
> their responsibility to attend to the Principality, not follow the Crown
> around.  That is what they have entourage for.

Her Excellency brings up one of my reasons for being pro-Principality
(*gulp*,
I've said it :>) -- there are people that I would love to see get the
opportunity to vie for royalty (naming no names, but I'm sure some come to
mind for each of us) who _can not afford_ to be King and/or Queen -- but
being
CP would not incur exactly the same expenses, be they time or money or both.
I'm not saying being CP would be easy, or cheap, and I hope nobody chooses
read that in.  I'm saying that it might be in reach for people whose grasp
doesn't quite make it to the Ansteorran Crown.

I think it's a benefit for those people to have a chance.  I think it's a
benefit that others might get the opportunity to serve as entourage where
_they_ couldn't afford to do it for Their Stellar Majesties.  I think it's a
further benefit when they come and hold court at Mooneschadowe, or
Wastelands,
or Rundel, or anywhere else that doesn't see the Crown much these days.  I
think we _all win_ in this scenario.

You see, I don't see it as "more work for us".  I see it as "more
opportunities for us".  If I didn't relish opportunities, I wouldn't have
held
two offices in my first two years.  If I didn't relish opportunities, I
wouldn't play at all, and neither would any of you.

Are things broken?  I don't know, Lord Llygoden.  I'm having lots of fun.
I just think that when I see something that adds to our fun, it seems like a
good thing to work for.

Chandra

--
Lord Chandranath, Cadet to Don Timothy