NR - Principality

Sigen3 at aol.com Sigen3 at aol.com
Fri Sep 8 06:25:14 PDT 2000

PStallcup at MMCABLE.COM writes:

<<But the way I understand it, the group has to petition at each level.
If it were natural, we wouldn't be having this conversation because, like
the numbers suggest, we would already be a Principality.>>

Just as in mundane life, there are rules and laws.  It *is* a natural
progression in my opinion. It is the same as a teenager getting his driver's
license.  No one hands it to him because he turn's 16.  He must pass the test
and fill out the application, and pay a fee.  Nothing is automatic as far as
group status, even an incipient group must petition for full status.  The
petition can be part of the fun.  I wrote the petition for Northkeep's
Baronial status.  HL Livia and lots of other good folks helped. It was great
researching the activities of the group, and putting together a package for
the "important" people to read.

<< Speaking of job, isn't it funny how so many aspire to have higher ranks,
 which in turn give responsibilities that at some point start taking away
 from the activities they did to achieve the award in the first place?  I'm
 not being negative, really I'm smiling, but take a King/Queen who is a
 Pelican who got the Pelican for say cleaning/setup/helping at every event,
 they would find it difficult to do that as King or Queen.

You are right!  Somehow, when I became Baroness, it bacame "illegal" for me
to wash dishes anymore, or carry anything, or really *do* any work.  Now if I
want to do something, I have to sneak around.  Folks will let us sit gate,
and clean up site, but that's about it.

Sigen Northkeep