NR - Just a little something

Marc Carlson marc-carlson at utulsa.edu
Sun Sep 10 20:34:00 PDT 2000

Just a little something to keep all this in perspective.

In the latest issue (v. 5 no.34 Aug/Sep 2000) of _Ancient
American:
Archaeology of the Americas before Columbus_ is an article
by Ronald
J. Patore called "The Mystery of the Mound Matrix."  In this
article,
the author first takes all the places named "Trinidad" and
charted
them on a map, which created a squat pentagram and a box,
the arms
reaching from Washington state to Cuba, and the legs from
Southern
California to Nicaragua.  The head of the pentagram, the
significant
place for the purposes of this message, is near the Will
Rogers Boy
Scout Camp (the drawn center of the pentagram is Fort
Worth).

The second pentagram the author constructed, based somehow
on the
names of "El Dorado" has its point halfway between Tulsa and
McAlester,
and its center in Dallas.

Now, I encourage you to read the article for yourself before
just
accepting this.  I certainly won't tell you that the
author's conclusions
are valid (I read the magazine every time it comes out to
remind me
that the harsh rational skeptical view I normally use is not
the
only perspective).

But I read it this afternoon and thought some here might
find it
interesting.

Marc/Diarmaid