NR - Griffin, for want of a standard spelling...

Chuck_CTR_Graves at mmacmail.jccbi.gov Chuck_CTR_Graves at mmacmail.jccbi.gov
Fri Sep 15 07:26:40 PDT 2000

Greetings,

I think it would be Tir na Tor...but it does have that ring.

Someone asked for other names, how about Irish Gaelic:
    Laoctir - Hero's Land

the long version would be Tir na Laoc but shorter has it's advantages.
(watch it, Fionnagan...)

I wish I had thought to look up Keep, Home, and Stronghold...maybe this weekend.

>Okay, now the humor...

>Exchange #1:
>> Diarmaid >>  Not everyone has a Nordic personna.
>> Fionnagan >>Yeah! YEAH, man, YEAH!!!!!!!!!

>Few are that lucky.  And remember, if it weren't for us you would still be
>squatting in roadless villages, stealing one another's vowels.

With all due restraint Your Excellency, might I recommend a little modern
reading from Thomas Cahill for your consideration:

    HOW THE IRISH SAVED CIVILIZATION: The Untold Story of Ireland's     Heroic
Role from the Fall of Rome to the Rise of Medieval Europe

It seems it was all the rage on some list kept by the New York Times.  8^)

Regards,
Tadhg