NR - Re: India was: Insults

Chandranath russ at randomgang.com
Mon Sep 18 08:47:10 PDT 2000

On Mon, Sep 18, 2000 at 08:12:39AM -0500, Decker, Terry D. wrote:
> You mean the Indus Valley where they destroyed their civilization(?) by
> over-irrigating the soil to salinity, then got stomped on by the Aryans, the
> Greeks, the Seleucids, the Persians, the Arabs, and the Turks?  That clue?

I said I'd duck out of the barbfest (it didn't stick to throwing shots at
persona cultures, and become uncomfortable, frankly), but this is a
chance to talk about and in persona, and I shan't pass it up. :)

--

My friend, I fear you labor under some confusion about my homeland.  My people
are not the once-borns that you speak of, nor did those you speak of, the

Truly it is said that the great Ruler is bringing my homeland -- Bengal, my
friend, that you may understand me well -- the Raj Ram, which... it is
difficult to explain, but perhaps you might view it like the Camelot idea my
English lady has told me of.  He does so by integrating these peoples you have
casually mentioned.  Did not England itself -- a mighty power in any
consideration -- grow by blending together its various conquerors -- for
example, the Roman, the German, the Norman?  This should be considered
carefully.

--

Grateful for the opportunity to talk about something I know more thoroughly,
and perhaps more edifyingly (is that a word?),

Chandra

--
Lord Chandranath, Cadet to Don Timothy
Musician in the King's Players